Enjoy Monkey Empire devblog and keep in touch with the ape game development
Game Design & Production by Paul
Did some Roadmap Planning for the next releases. Set dates for Beta V2, V3, and V4 are set along with the feature and content scope. Added and Updated tickets, particularly the Limited Time Features, IAP Shop, AI Enemy Outposts, etc. Update Items list in the sheets, and created the Marketplace Items sheet for Shop bundles — pricing TBD
This week we worked with the product team to review some Game Design elements and plan the roadmap for v1.
- we are working on a new map system, including elements other than villages
- we did some refactoring work
- started working on a new rules library that will be used by all services to centralize those rules
- user crypto wallet is now created asynchronously using an event system when we create a user to avoid the wait
- working with the Infra team to stress test our production
- Big ambitions imply big infra! No one will stand before apes to rule the world … except latency !! We are working on that
- Exploring several enhancements: CDN, better distribution of the database, Regional load balancer — Working with the backend team for code optimization
3D by kermit
3D farm model is done
All starter beta building has been completed, and integration is coming soon.
We have imported the world map into the game engine and are waiting for the backend integration to be completed
The buildings look great in unreal, you will soon have them in the game.
The whole Monkey Empire team wishes you a nice day!
See you next week for the new devblog episode and don’t forget to ape!